Most of us who work in media don’t really live in the present. We’ll be writing (with mitten-clad fingers so they don’t freeze up) about the joys of a beach holiday, and we feel we should be packing our bikinis, when the rude reality is that we have 4 months to go. No wonder we’re a bit confused.
The silver lining is that playing with pretty colours really does brighten a grey day, and these are my best so far…
My inspiration… two-tone lips
Holly Fulton and Erdem models looked fresh and gorgeous on the catwalks. Why not break out a bit and give it a try? If the matte finish is too much, try it with a gloss
*A great, moisturising universal nude for all skins: Catrice Ultimate Colour The Nuder The Better, R54.95, at Dis-Chem
* Revlon’s limited-edition Expressionist Nail Enamels (seen here in Pinkasso) are dual-ended delights. And the fine brush makes applying a French tip a total breeze. R89.95
* SpaRitual’s whole Meditate Spring 2013 Collection is exquisite, and vegan friendly. I want them all! For now, I’ll go for Quitness and Energy, R105, from August. Stockists: 021 552-6999
* Clinique’s A Different Nail Enamel for Sensitive Skins in 70˚ and Sunny says it all!
* Essie Nail Color in Lilacism is just so pretty, R99.95. At Style36.
* Ice Box Colors in Bubblegum Ice 7ml R65, 15ml R99. This impressive local range, created by Dr Gobac, has a stunning range of colours from pastels to metamorphosing colours. At selected salons.
I’m feeling perkier already. Who’s with me?