Since i’ve been in the heat for the past week – i’ve got cold foods and salads on the brain and i’m certainly not ready to move into heavy comfort eating just yet. This salmon salad really hits the mark for me – firstly i LOVE salmon, especially cured or smoked salmon and i think a lovely salmon salad is such a good idea for a sophisticated brunch. Instead of scrambled eggs i think i’d serve medium, warm boiled eggs on the side too. The recipe reckons the red onions are optional but i think they’re a must.
Smoked Salmon Breakfast Salad with Crispbread
- 2 baby radishes, thinly sliced
- 8 thin slices red onion (optional)
- 6 cups mesclun (baby leaves)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g smoked salmon or gravlax
- ¾ cup cream cheese
- 4 crispbread or toasted pumpernickel slices
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Toss radishes, onion (if using), mesclun, lemon juice, oil, and capers in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add salmon and gently toss to combine.
Mound salad alongside crispbread spread with cream cheese and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Recipe adapted from an original found here