When i went up to Joburg last year to present the Consol Christmas DIY workshop, one of the items i did show and tell on was a DIY snowglobe. In keeping with the theme i used Christmas decor items but for this particular DIY, i’ve used a little Eiffel Tower – in keeping with the month of love and all.
So, if you’re looking for a cute and doable DIY – this snowglobe is super easy to achieve , here’s how:
• You’ll need: a Consol jar of your choice, an ornament, water, glycerine, glitter, glue (i used a glue gun), the cap of a medicine bottle (i used a Panado top) and marine glue or silicone
• Using your glue gun, attach the medicine bottle cap to the inside of the jar lid
• Once it has dried, use the glue gun to affix your ornament and let it dry
• Take the marine glue or silicone (the kind you use to seal bathrooms and line the inside if your jar lid (this will help the jar to stay watertight) – leave it for five to ten minutes
• Now fill your jar with water, add a few drops of glycerine (this helps the glitter to float nicely when you shake it) and your glitter
• Carefully screw the lid with its attachment into the jar
• Invert and shake gently – voila! You have a snowglobe of your own making!
The pic was taken by the fabulous Brenda of Hearts!