Hello lovelies! Hooray for Friday, it’s been a looong week.
So the folks at Tabasco asked if i’d like to prep a few recipes using their products and naturally i jumped at the chance. The depth of flavour Tabasco offers so many dishes really is astonishing – besides the usual guacamole and oysters dressed with it (because you cannot eat either without a good glug of Tabasco, right?), there are so many other delicious ways to go wild with it. I love it in Paella and it adds so much flavour to egg dishes too.
My first recipe involves Bloody Mary and Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce. Bloody Mary’s love Tabasco like Bonnie loved Clyde but i’ve changed it up by focusing the Tabasco flavour on the bacon twists you can munch on while sipping on your suitably Tabasco-laced drink. The Chipotle Tabasco flavour is absolutely amazing – lovely layers of spice and heat and a wonderful smokey flavour – delicious!
Bloody Mary’s are a thing in our house – because The Captain luuurves them. He has rather a heavy hand with the old vodka so i prefer mine sans any booze – either way, they really are a great way to kick off a brunch and let’s be honest, a Bloody Mary really does set a holiday tone.
Bloody Mary with Tabasco Drenched Bacon Twists
• 1-2 tots Vodka (optional)
• 300ml tomato juice
• Worcestershire Sauce to taste
• Salt and Pepper to Taste
• A good five shakes of Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
• 1tsp lemon juice plus lemon slices
• Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker, shake with ice and pour into a glass
• Garnish with fresh celery and bacon twists
To make the Bacon Twists:
• Cut slices of streaky bacon into strips (two)
• Now take 3 pieces (1 fatty and 2 regular) and plait them
• Drizzle generously with Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
• Place on a baking tray and grill until cooked
Looking for Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce? Woolies has it!
Thanks to the ever patient Bryan Viljoen for the shot – if you’re CT based and are looking for a great photographer, he’s your guy!