Helloooooooooo!! I know, lovelies, it’s been months and months since i last blogged but i’m ready to come out of my hibernation and i thought a good way to get the ball rolling would be with a divine skincare giveaway! I’ll go into more detail as to what’s been going on in our lives for the past few months in a separate post but lots and lots has happened – some of it good, some not so great but all in all we’re forging forward.
One of the things i’ve been focusing on over the past month is my skincare regime – it sounds so self involved but after being in hospital for different issues twice in four months and literally falling into bed at 8pm most nights, my skincare really fell to the wayside and boy did it look like it! Fine lines weren’t so fine anymore, i still have major black bags under my eyes and my skin just looked dull and unloved. So finally opening up the SVR package i was delivered a few months ago feels like a real step towards self care.
The Laboratoire SVR brand is a French family brand that was founded in 1962. They describe themselves as ‘the most concentrated dermalogical brand’ and they are especially focused on sensitive skin. They have different ranges and targeted treatments (ranging from systems for combination skin to pigmentation issues and ageing skin). Ageing and dehydrated skin is my biggest concern, given that i’m erm 45, so the Densitium range is perfect for me. here’s what i thought…
I trialled the soap free Topialyse Foaming Gel, the Densitium Bi-Serum, Densitium Créme (day) and Densitium Créme Riche (night).
• First of all, the price point for these products is great and that’s a big focal point for me. The range is easily available at Clicks stores and also at Absolute Skin, who have the entire range including some of their targeted products – i can’t wait to try the Densitium Rose creme next.
• Starting with the cleanser, i was a little unsure of using a gel cleanser as i have such dry skin but the Topialyse Foaming Gel is especially formulated to be an anti dryness product and for sensitive skin and it really delivers. It’s crammed with omega oils and the fact that its soap free is a huge bonus as i know my skin won’t feel tight afterwards. I use it morning and night and i can’t believe how long the tube has lasted – it’s R200 – a great price for such a quality product.
• The Densitium Bi-Serum consists of two key products (hyaluronic acid and bio calcium) that are combined when you press down on the dispenser. This targeted treatment won the Prix France Prix d’Excellence d award at the Marie Claire Beauty awards in 2018 and if you have ageing skin issues like crow’s feet, wrinkles and sagging skin, they guarantee results in 1 month. As a self confessed serum junkie, i am loving this product. It’s rich, has an oil like texture yet is light and my skin drinks it in. I definitely feel like my skin has a glow to it after i’ve applied it.
• The day cream is the Densitium Créme and it’s amazing. It has a beautiful, luxurious texture and is dense and rich without being sticky. It is absorbed so well into my skin and my skin has reacted really well to it. My sunscreen and makeup goes on easily over it too which is a must for me.
• The night cream is a serious spoil. Appropriately called Densitium Créme Riche – it’s a super quenching cream that feels like you’re really feeding your skin. It’s pure hydration in a jar and that’s no surprise given that some of the ingredients include shea and hyaluronic acid. It’s also R400 – a seriously good price for something so seriously hard working.
All in all i would definitely definitely recommend this combination of products to anyone who has dehydrated skin, who has lines and is showing (or heading towards) the signs of ageing. My skin feels a lot glowier and is so much lighter and brighter – and it’s only been three weeks. According to SVR, i’ll start being real results in a month, i’ll keep you posted!
The SVR Sun Secure Fluid is an SPF which has a Dry Touch formula. I’m thrilled it’s a an SPF 50, rather than a 20 because i’m pretty paranoid about the sun as i have quite a lot of damage. I apply this every morning and i like that it’s not very greasy (it describes itself as a milk) – i feel that the Densitium combination of products have already hydrated my skin enough, so a sunscreen that’s not too oily is essential. It can be used on everyone in the family, from babies up so it’s a good one to have in my handbag. Also it costs R237 – which is less than other sun fluids in this category,
WANT TO WIN A HAMPER worth over R2000 CONTAINING ALL OF THESE SVR PRODUCTS?
I’ve got one hamper containing all of these amazing productss to give away. Simply follow the to do’s below
• Leave a comment below and like the post
• For an extra entry, tag a friend on one of my social media posts featuring the products (you need to be a follower over on Instagram at vicki_iwantthat and click here for the I Want That FB profile
*The giveaway ends on July 15th and is open to SA residents only